||Computer-based simulation is a valuable step in the technical training process. The use of simulation software to demonstrate the principles and applications of specific technical areas allows students to practice and test their skills before they apply what they have learned to actual equipment.
This "virtual" training experience has inspired Lab-Volt to incorporate simulation software into selected courses and to develop LVSIM-HYD, Hydraulics Simulation Software. LVSIM-HYD is a Windows-based simulation program that covers the same courseware as subsystems "Hydraulics Fundamentals" and "Electrical Control of Hydraulic Systems" of the Lab-Volt Hydraulics Training System, Model?080.
LVSIM-HYD recreates a three-dimensional classroom laboratory on the computer screen, replacing all the equipment of the Lab-Volt Hydraulics Training System with three-dimensional images which students can manipulate by means of the mouse. LVSIM-HYD enables students to install virtual hydraulic equipment in the laboratory, interconnect the equipment, and perform lab exercises. Sophisticated mathematical models fully simulate the mechanical, electrical, and physical characteristics of the actual Lab-Volt hydraulic equipment. This allows students working with LVSIM-HYD to obtain the same results as with the real Lab-Volt Hydraulics Training System.
LVSIM-HYD allows students to perform the following tasks from a desktop:
EQUIPMENT BOX ITEMS:
- Install, move, and remove hydraulic components.
- Modify, or remove connections at any time.
- Zoom in or out to adjust the view.
- Perform measurements of flow, pressure, force, velocity, and rotation speed.
- Observe the extension and retraction of cylinder rods, and the motor rotation.
- Observe fluid flow inside hydraulic components.
- Save and restore equipment setups.
The following components from the actual Lab-Volt Hydraulics Training System are simulated in LVSIM-HYD:
- Work Surface
- Power Unit
- Directional Valve, Lever Operated
- Flow Control Valve, Non Compensated
- Relief Valve
- Pressure Reducing Valve
- Directional Valve, Double-Solenoid Operated
- Directional Valve, Single-Solenoid Operated
- Sequence Valve
- Flow Control Valve, Pressure Compensated
- Check Valve
- Double-Acting Cylinder, 2.5-cm Bore
- Double-Acting Cylinder, 3.8-cm Bore
- Bidirectional Motor with Flywheel
- Pressure Gauge
- DC Power Supply
- Pushbutton Station
- Limit-Switch Assembly
- Time Delay Relay / Counter
- Pilot-Lamp Station
- Pressure Switch
- Magnetic Proximity Switch
- Diffuse Reflective Photoelectric Switch
- Loading Device
- Manifold, 5 Ports, Fixed
- Manifold, 4 Ports, Mobile
Electrical Control of Hydraulic Systems
- Familiarization with the Lab-Volt Hydraulics Training System
- Demonstration of Hydraulic Power
- Pressure Limitation
- Pressure and Force
- Flow Rate and Velocity
- Work and Power
- Cylinder Control
- Cylinders in Series
- Cylinders in Parallel
- Regenerative Circuits
- Hydraulic Motor Circuits
- Pressure Reducing Valves
- Remotely-Controlled Pressure Relief Valves
- Familiarization with the Equipment
- Basic Electricity
- Ladder Diagrams
- Basic Electrically-Controlled Hydraulic System
- Hydraulic Sequencing of Cylinders
- Electrical Sequencing of Cylinders
- Speed Regulation and Braking of Hydraulic Motors
- Continuous Reciprocation with Dwell Period
- Drilling System
- Safety Circuits
- Counting of Actuator Cycles
- Multi-Pressure Systems
- Rapid Traverse-Slow Feed Systems
- Hydraulics Training System (6080)