Computer-based simulation is a valuable step in the technical training process. The use of simulation software to demonstrate the principles and applications of specific technical areas, allows students to practice and test their skills before they apply what they have learned to actual equipment.
This "virtual" training experience has inspired Lab-Volt to incorporate simulation software into selected courses and to develop LVSIM-PNEU, the Virtual Laboratory Equipment for Pneumatics. LVSIM-PNEU is a Windows-based simulation software that covers the same courseware as subsystems "Pneumatics Fundamentals" and "Electrical Control of Pneumatic Systems" of the Lab-Volt Pneumatics Training System, Model?081.
LVSIM-PNEU recreates a three-dimensional classroom laboratory on the computer screen. All the pneumatic laboratory equipment is replaced with three-dimensional images of the equipment in the actual Lab-Volt Pneumatics Training System, that students can manipulate on the computer screen. Using the mouse, students can install virtual pneumatic equipment in the laboratory, interconnect the equipment, and perform a lab exercise. Sophisticated mathematical models fully simulate the mechanical, electrical, and physical characteristics of the actual Lab-Volt pneumatic equipment. This allows students working with LVSIM-PNEU to obtain the same results as with the real Lab-Volt Pneumatics Training System.
LVSIM-PNEU allows students to perform the following tasks from a desktop:
EQUIPMENT BOX ITEMS:
- Install, move, and remove pneumatic components.
- Modify, or remove connections at any time.
- Zoom in or out to adjust the view.
- Perform measurements of flow, pressure, force, velocity, and rotation speed.
- Observe the extension and retraction of cylinder rods, and the motor rotation.
- Observe fluid flow inside pneumatic components.
- Save and restore equipment setups.
The following components from the actual Lab-Volt Pneumatics Training System are simulated in LVSIM-PNEU:
- Work Surface
- Conditioning Unit
- Vacuum Generator
- Directional Valve, Pushbutton Operated
- Flow Control Valve
- Directional Valve, Double-Air-Pilot Operated
- Directional Valve, Double-Solenoid Operated
- Directional Valve, Single-Solenoid Operated
- AND Function Valve
- Shuttle Valve
- Quick Exhaust Valve
- Pressure Regulator
- Single-Acting Cylinder
- Double-Acting Cylinder
- Bidirectional Motor
- Air Bearing
- Pressure Gauge
- DC Power Supply
- Pushbutton Station
- Limit-Switch Assembly
- Time Delay Relay / Counter
- Pilot-Lamp Station
- Pressure Switch
- Magnetic Proximity Switch
- Diffuse Reflective Photoelectric Switch
- Loading Device
Electrical Control of Pneumatic Systems
- Familiarization with the Lab-Volt Pneumatics Trainer
- Introduction to Pneumatics
- Air Conditioning and Distributing Equipment
- Pressure vs Force Relationship
- Pressure vs Volume Relationship
- Pressure Drop vs Flow Relationship
- Vacuum Generation
- Directional Control Valves
- Directional and Speed Control of Cylinders
- Cylinders in Series
- Cylinders in Parallel
- Indirect Control Using Pilot-Operated Valves
- Pneumatic Motor Circuits
- Pneumatic Motor Performance
- Familiarization with the Equipment
- Basic Electricity
- Ladder Diagrams
- Basic Electrically-Controlled Pneumatic Circuits
- Basic AND and OR Logic Function Circuits
- Basic Memory and Priority Electropneumatic Circuits
- Multi-Pressure Systems
- Sequencing Pneumatic Circuits
- Time-Delay Electropneumatic Applications
- Pneumatic Actuator Deceleration Circuits
- Counting of Actuator Cycles
- Industrial Drilling System and Safety Circuits
- Garbage Compactor Simulation Circuit
|| 80 hours